SENIOR SPECIALIST BSL-3 LABORATORY
We currently seek applicants for
SENIOR SPECIALIST BSL-3 LABORATORY
Location: Wrocław, Poland
nr ref. SS/BSL3/2021
• a degree biology/microbiology/virology or related topic
• at least 5 years of experience of working in the laboratory (biology- or diagnostic related)
• proven hands-on record of work with human and/or animal pathogens in at least a BSL2 class laboratory
• hands-on experience with aseptic technique as applied to in vitro cultures
• experience in writing SOPs and Risk Assessments for laboratories
• theoretical knowledge of regulations and standards applied to run high containment biological laboratory
• excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
• PhD in relevant discipline
• experience in laboratory management (day-to-day and long-term planning)
• experience of working in BSL-3 laboratory
• experience in handling and organising research and archive documentation
• experience as a biosafety officer in at least BSL2 laboratory
• In first two years assisting in preparation for BSL-3 Laboratory suite opening, which will include, amongst others, collaborating with experts and advisory teams on designing of the laboratory and defining its functionality, assisting in preparation of appropriate documentation, taking part in the process of laboratory design and preparation for commissioning, preparing laboratory for audits and certification process.
• In long term, assisting Head of BSL-3 Laboratory in day-to-day efficient running of the facility as requested, which will include (although is not limited to):
– Supervision of the laboratory technical staff, as well as external and internal researchers
– Organization of work within the laboratory, including preparation, keeping, storage, and circulation of proper laboratory documentation, managing day-to-day budget and ordering requirements for the laboratory (participation in purchase of the laboratory equipment, reagents, personal and group protective equipment), control of the laboratory archives, including proper paperwork (datasheets, results and reports) and biological/diagnostic material, assisting in preparing the schedule for the internal and external staff and working teams
– Training of the laboratory personnel
– Development of detailed procedures to be employed in the laboratory and assisting researchers in developing methodology necessary for the projects, which will adhere to the working standards of BSL-3 laboratory
– Development of risk assessments for the laboratory and cross checking of the risk assessments delivered by researchers
• Compliance with and up-to-date knowledge of legal regulations and standards as applied to BSL-3 laboratory
What we offer:
• Full time competitive contract.
• A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment.
• Opportunity for personal and professional development.
• Social benefits like co-financing for private medical care and holidays.
Please send your resume via link:
Application deadline: 27th July, 2021
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same.
I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.