PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR in Material Science & Engineering Center (Energy Storage and Conversion Materials Research Group)
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centres – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
Due to our growing needs, we are currently searching for outstanding Candidates for the position of
in Materials Science & Engineering Center
(Energy Storage and Conversion Materials Research Group)
For our Materials Science Center we are looking for an Investigator, preferably in the rank of an Associate Professor, with broad international contacts and proven scientific accomplishments in the field of Energy Storage for Future Energy Systems, as evidenced by publications in top tier scientific journals and presentations at leading conferences as an invited speaker. Ideal candidate should have the ability to formulate sound research hypotheses and to verify them through well-planned experiments.
The researcher should be interested in finding solutions with realistic potential to be utilized in industrial applications, in the area of electrochemical energy storage and advanced battery materials and engineering (e.g. novel battery systems, solid state batteries, Li-ion batteries).
We are therefore looking for enthusiastic and internationally ambitious candidates to conduct research in energy storage for future energy systems. As the energy landscape is constantly shifting, we are looking for candidates who can show originality and flexibility in their research and adapt to new research developments and the funding environment.
The candidate should be able to seamlessly transition from high-quality basic research, to commercially-oriented applied activities built on the results of his/her basic research.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in synthesis and characterization of materials for energy storage systems, including materials with reduced-waste potential and knowledge of recycling-friendly battery designs.
- Established record of successful project execution within R&D activities.
- Post-doc training (or other type of internship, e.g. scientific exchange) abroad in one of the leading research institutions.
- Proven ability to raise funds from external sources, including international grants and/or funds from the industry.
- Experience in running own research group and managing projects.
- Proven ability to convince others to innovating ideas, and to implement them effectively.
- Experience in successfully conducting research in cooperation with other companies is welcome.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Candidates are expected to conduct appropriate R&D activities resulting in a proof of concept to advance their energy systems projects, publish and present relevant research findings, seek and apply for additional research funding and undertake activities to advance the IP protection for commercialization readiness of their energy storage technologies.
Preferred: experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
- Full-time contract on the position of Area Leader and competitive negotiable salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers commensurate with experience.
- Social benefits: co-financing of private medical care, sport activities and vacation
- 36 days of paid annual leave
- One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc.
- Funding for the team – budget for setting up a research group.
- Annual research budget – negotiated individually, guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research.
- Administrative and organizational support.
- Access to the state of the art equipment in the core facilities.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment.
This job will also bring you to Wroclaw, Poland – repeatedly placed among the top 100 cities in the world for the Mercer Quality of Living Survey and in the top 100 of the smartest cities in the world in the IESE Cities in Motion Index, classified as a Gamma global city by Globalization and World Cities Research Network and a leader of „Global Cities of the Future 2021/2022” (Financial Times – fDi Magazine ) among all medium and small cities in the world
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
Please attach your resume and a list of publications.
Application deadline: 22.01.2022
Applications will be evaluated in an open competition, by a panel involving external experts. The top candidates will be invited to present their research proposals in ŁUKASIEWICZ – PORT at an international symposium.
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.org.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.