ŁUKASIEWICZ – PORT invites applications for a position of
Head of Bioinformatics
in Life Science & Biotechnology Center
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
ref. no. HB/LS/21
We invite outstanding candidates to apply for the Head of Bioinformatics position in our Life Science & Biotechnology Center. The position is offered to scientists and/or practitioners conducting internationally competitive and innovative research projects in bioinformatics, who wish to establish a research group. The competition is open to those, who can demonstrate scientific excellence, leadership skills and will propose a program in applied bioinformatics in life sciences. The ideal candidate will be able to combine running of their own research group with the ability to support bioinformatics needs of other research teams in the Biotechnology Center. In addition, Life Science & Biotechnology Center will provide opportunities to collaborate in projects around oncology, neurobiology and imaging.
Applications will be evaluated in an open competition, by a panel involving external experts.
Desired skills and experience:
• Minimum a university degree (preferred a Ph.D. and post-doctoral training in computational biology) in the field of bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, medical chemistry, biology, medicine, life sciences, biophysics and biochemistry.
• Demonstrated scientific achievements or applications in bioinformatics (including, but not limited to, analysis of NGS data, Big Data bioinformatics platform development, multi-omics data integration, AI/Deep-learning applications, molecular modeling and protein structure prediction).
• Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
• Excellent command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
• Experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
• Experience in the field of Big Data analytics, clinical data management, designing databases would be beneficial.
• Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g., grant applications, funds from the industry) would be an advantage.
• Full-time contract on the position of Area Leader and competitive salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers.
• Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually.
• One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc.
• Funding for the team.
• Annual research budget guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research.
• Laboratory and office space for the group head and the team members.
• Administrative and organizational support.
• Access to the state-of-the-art equipment in the Core Facilities.
• A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment.
Please send your resume via link:
If you need more information please contact: Beata.Bocian@port.lukasiewicz.gov.pl
Application deadline: 31st August, 2021
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.