PROCESS ENGINEER with opportunity for PhD in Functional Macromolecules Research Group
PORT invites applications for 2 positions of
Process Engineer with opportunity for PhD in Functional Macromolecules Research Group
Interested in research projects that aim to push the boundaries of polymer science? Our science matters – in Functional Macromolecules Lab, we investigate sequence-defined polymers towards new applications in complex materials. We take an advantage of monomer sequence programmability to induce life-like functions into synthetic macromolecules. It was demonstrated that DNA function – information storage, can be performed by sequence-ordered polymer materials. Our current goal is to develop polymers that can read the information towards applications in sensory devices.
More information about activity of Functional Macromolecules Research Group: szwedalab.com and on our website.
- A master degree in Chemistry or related and interest in organic/polymer chemistry
- Proficiency in English and team player attribute
- Experience in organic preparative synthesis, chromatography (HPLC, Flash) and spectroscopy (NMR, FTIR, CD, UV-vis, Fluorescence)
- Pleasure in experimental work and high level of creativity, problem solving
- To implement research projects on synthesis and characterization of macromolecules within research scope of Functional Macromolecules Group
- Possibility to perform research for PhD thesis
- Excellent research infrastructure, modern and well-equipped laboratories
- Cutting edge research with a good publishing record of the group.
- Strong collaboration with national and international industries
- Friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment
- Full time contract of employment.
- Competitive salaries.
- We subsidies private medical care.
- September 7th, 2021
To apply for the opportunity
Please send your CV and half-page cover letter to https://system.erecruiter.pl/FormTemplates/RecruitmentForm.aspx?WebID=b8e155d7a0794c8eb2e4ce742d1d8cb8 with the ref. no PolyProbe/PI/2021 in the subject.
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same. I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”