PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR in life science & biotechnology (oncology or oncobiology research field)
ŁUKASIEWICZ – PORT invites applications for a position of
Principal Investigator in Life Science & Biotechnology Center
(Oncology or Oncobiology Research Field)
4th call for applications
ref. no. PI/O/21
We invite outstanding candidates to apply for a Principal Investigator position in our Life Science & Biotechnology Center. The PI position is offered to scientists conducting internationally competitive and innovative research, who wish to establish a research group. The competition is open to scientists in all fields of modern biomolecular and biomedical sciences, who can demonstrate scientific excellence, leadership skills, and propose a bold research program relevant to oncology (including, but not limited to, fundamental mechanisms of disease, biomarker research, drug discovery and systems biology). The ideal candidate will present an ambitious high-level research programme with potential for applications in molecular medicine and/or biotechnology.
Applications will be evaluated in an open competition, by a panel involving external experts.
- Ph.D. and post-doctoral training in the broad area of biomolecular sciences, including, but not limited to areas such as molecular biology, cell biology, oncology/oncobiology or systems biology.
- Demonstrated high-level scientific achievements.
- Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Interdisciplinary training, international experience.
- Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g., grant applications, funds from the industry).
- Excellent command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
- Full-time contract on the position of Area Leader and competitive salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers.
- Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually.
- One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc.
- Funding for the team – around 100 000 euro yearly for setting up a research group.
- Annual research budget – negotiated individually but not less than at the level of 50 000 euro per year, guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research.
- Laboratory and office space for the PI and the team members.
- Administrative and organizational support.
- Access to the state-of-the-art equipment in the Core Facility.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment.
Please send your resume via link:
If you need more information please contact: Beata.Bocian@port.lukasiewicz.gov.pl
Application deadline: 31st August, 2021
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.