PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR IN CENTER FOR POPULATION DIAGNOSTICS
Łukasiewicz– PORT is an institute focused on development of new technologies by conducting research which has the potential to benefit industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our activities comprise different aspects of biology (Life Sciences and Biotechnology Center) and materials engineering (Material Science and Engineering Center), with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner. At the Center for Population Diagnostics, by bringing together high-throughput emergency diagnostics and cutting-edge research in three core areas of (1) Transmission and spread of diseases, (2) Host-pathogen interface, (3) New biomarkers and new therapies, we want to advance knowledge enabling better control of infectious diseases transmission.
We invite applications for position of
Principal Investigator in Center for Population Diagnostics
Currently we are looking for an outstanding candidate to fill in the position of Principal Investigator; we are looking for someone who is able to propose a bold research programme related to one of the three core areas at the Center for Population Diagnostics, with a vision to establish their own research group. We will consider all applications, but we especially invite scientists with research experience in one or more of following topics:
- Epigenetics of infectious diseases
- Pathogens-microbiome interactions
- Transformation systems for pathogens
The PI will have access to the core laboratories of the Center for Population Diagnostics (BSL3, Microbiology and Medical Diagnostic Laboratories) and to facilities within Life Sciences and Biotechnology Center (e.g. Bioimaging Laboratory, Cell Analysis Laboratory, Spectroscopic and Spectrometric Laboratory and Biobank) and Material Science and Engineering Center (e.g. Materials Technology Laboratory, Structures and Materials Research Laboratory, Chemical Analysis and Spectroscopy Laboratory).
Applications will be evaluated in an open competition, by a panel involving external experts. Candidates who propose best potentially highly impactful research programmes and who have clear long-term vision for their research will be invited for the interview.
What we expect:
- PhD in the area of infectious disease biology, pathogen biology or related discipline.
- Post-doctoral training in the area corresponding with one of the core areas of Center for Population Diagnostics.
- Scientific achievements commensurate with the years of experience (demonstrated by publications/patents).
- Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g. grant applications, funds from the industry).
- Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- International experience.
- Adaptability and flexibility at work, ability to solve problems and focus on the big picture and long-term gains.
- Excellent command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
- Research experience in one of the following areas: Epigenetics of infectious diseases, Pathogens-microbiome interactions, Transformation systems for pathogens.
- Proven experience of interdisciplinary research.
- Experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
What we offer:
- Full-time contract on the position of Area Leader and competitive negotiable salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers.
- Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually.
- One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc.
- Funding for the team – around 100 000 euro yearly for setting up a research group.
- Annual research budget – negotiated individually but not less than at the level of 50 000 euro per year, guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research.
- Laboratory and office space for the PI and the team members.
- Administrative and organizational support.
- Access to the state of the art equipment in the core facilities.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment.
This job will also bring you to Wrocław – repeatedly placed among the top 100 cities in the world for the Mercer Quality of Living Survey and in the top 100 of the smartest cities in the world in the IESE Cities in Motion Index, classified as a Gamma global city by Globalization and World Cities Research Network and a leader of “Global Cities of the Future 2021/2022” (Financial Times – fDi Magazine ) among all medium and small cities in the world.
If you need more information about the position, please contact with Beata Bocian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, include 1-page description of proposed research plans for the next 5 years in your CV and send via online form:
Application deadline: 30.07.2021