POSTDOC (EXPERIMENTAL NEUROSCIENCE)
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centres – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
We currently seek applicants for
POSTDOC (EXPERIMENTAL NEUROSCIENCE)
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Ref. no. PD/EN/2021
A position is available in the Laboratory of Astrocytes Biology, led by Dr. Michał Ślęzak, at dynamically growing Center of Life Sciences and Biotechnology at Łukasiewicz-PORT. The group focuses on neuro-glia interactions related to neuropsychiatric phenotypes. Our interdisciplinary research aims to identify cell-autonomous pathways for better understanding of trait-specific neuropathologies and to propose novel therapeutical targets.
Previously, we have used 1- and 2-photon imaging of calcium activity in mice and identified circuit-specific responses of astrocytes to neurotransmission and its behaviorally-relevant modulation. We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher to broaden our think-tank with his expertise in monitoring functional processes in vivo upon targeted genetic manipulation. The ideal candidate has a strong record of scientific publications, works independently and is capable of ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
- Design and implementation of projects on the contribution of individual genes to molecular and physiological phenotypes related to neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Establishing and supervision of a platform for in vivo monitoring of dynamics of genetically encoded indicators in behaving rodents (miniscopes, fiber photometry).
- Adopting tools for imaging data analysis, interpretation, visualization and integration.
- Keeping an industry-standard work documentation.
- Preparation of scientific articles, grants and conference presentations.
- Communication with the interdisciplinary team of researchers.
- Active contribution to collaborative projects with external academic and industrial partners.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Systems Biology, Cell Biology or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience in live imaging of biological parameters (confocal, 2-photon, fiber photometry).
- Experience in quantitative analysis of structural and/or functional imaging data.
- Strong interest in systems neuroscience.
- Very good work organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Additional preferred skills
- Hands-on experience in cranial surgeries and/or in utero electroporation.
- Experience in engineering.
- The use of genetic engineering in cells or rodents.
- Molecular biology techniques (cloning, qPCR, Western blot).
- FELASA / POLLASA certificate.
- Full Time contract at the position of Chief Specialist.
- Competitive salary and social benefits.
- Scientific and organizational support.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment.
- Contact with broad network of international collaborators within academia and top pharma companies.
- We subsidies private medical care.
Candidates are requested to submit:
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions.
- 1-2 reference letters.
Please send your resume via link:
Application deadline: till 17th of February 2022
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.org.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.