POST-DOC RESEARCH ENGINEER in developing synthesis and nanofabrication methods for perovskite photonic devices (Photonic Materials Research Team)
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centers – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
Post-Doc Research Engineer in developing synthesis and nanofabrication methods for perovskite photonic devices
(Photonic Materials Research Team)
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
- Study and analyse the optical and nonlinear properties of different perovskite materials and their potential for high-efficient perovskite photonic devices such as light sources, interferometers, filters, and multiplexers
- Experimental work on deposition and synthesis of perovskite materials and the nanofabrication of photonics devices (waveguides and metasurfaces)
- Expected to work, generate ideas, and experimentally prove them both independently and within team-working efforts with other researchers working on the project
- Independent characterization and interpretation of research results
- To work with a team of international researchers located in Poland and Singapore
- Publishing of results in peer-reviewed scientific journals, and presentations at scientific conferences, public outreach activities
- PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Material Science, or related disciplines
- Solid knowledge and in depth understanding of optoelectronic device, optics, nano-optics, nanophotonics, and electromagnetic waves propagation
- Experience with perovskite optoelectronic device fabrication (from film synthesis and deposition to electrical connectivity) and spectroscopic characterization setups and systems
- Experience with nanofabrication and characterization tools/methods such as FIB/SEM and lithography will be an additional advantage
- Proven track record of publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journal as first author
- Good command of English language (both spoken and written)
- Ability to work in teams and independently
This job will also bring you to Wroclaw, Poland – repeatedly placed among the top 100 cities in the world for the Mercer Quality of Living Survey and in the top 100 of the smartest cities in the world in the IESE Cities in Motion Index, classified as a Gamma global city by Globalization and World Cities Research Network and a leader of “Global Cities of the Future 2021/2022” (Financial Times – fDi Magazine ) among all medium and small cities in the world
Please include in your application:
- Full list of your publications
- Electronic copy of PhD certificate
- Name and email address of two references that we can contact
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.org.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.