BIOINFORMATICIAN (NGS Data Analyst)
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centres – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
We currently seek applicants for
BIOINFORMATICIAN (NGS DATA ANALYST)
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Ref. no. BIOI/ASTRO/2021
A position is available in the group of Dr. Michał Ślęzak at dynamically growing Center of Life Sciences and Biotechnology at Łukasiewicz-PORT. The Laboratory of Astrocyte Biology focuses on neuro-glia interactions related to neuropsychiatric phenotypes and identifying cell-autonomous pathways for novel therapy.
We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher to broaden our think-tank with his expertise in NGS data analysis. This position provides a great opportunity for employing your computational experience to a rich collection of our unique experimental datasets, to accelerate your quick personal growth and create an immediate scientific impact.
- Processing and statistical analysis of various RNAseq data-sets originating from different biological systems (human / mouse; nuclei / cells; brain / peripheral tissues etc.).
- Data interpretation, visualization and integration.
- Network analysis to decipher cellular signaling pathways affected by a disease state or targeted genetic manipulation.
- Meta-analysis and comparison of own results with published resources.
- Keeping an industry-standard work documentation.
- Communication with the interdisciplinary team of researchers.
- A degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics or similar.
- Experienced to work with NGS data.
- Knowledge of different genetic data formats, scripting and programming languages.
- Knowledge of statistical methods in the context of biological systems.
- Professional level of English.
- Full Time contract at the position of Senior Specialist in R&D Department.
- Competitive salary and social benefits.
- Scientific and organizational support.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment.
- Contact with broad network of international collaborators within academia and top pharma companies.
- We subsidies private medical care.
Candidates are requested to submit:
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions.
Please send your resume via link:
Application deadline: 10.12.2021
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.org.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.