Łukasiewicz – PORT checks SARS-CoV-2 immunity in people vaccinated with preparations of various types. We invite anyone who has not yet received the vaccine to participating in the research project. Participants will receive free tests of the level of antibodies responsible for short- and long-term immunity.
The Immunity Project is a research program that aims to monitor and compare the antibody profile and cellular immune response in patients from Lower Silesia who have received vaccines made by different manufacturers. Center for Population Diagnostics in Łukasiewicz – PORT carries out this project.
Who can take part in the project?
Adult patients who have not yet received the vaccine against COVID-19 can participate in the project. The study will include people receiving two types of preparations: Pfizer’s two-dose Comirnaty vaccine and the Johnson & Johnson single-dose Jansen vaccine.
How is the test performed?
The purpose of this project is to measure the number of antibodies in the collected blood samples. The test will take place three times:
- Single Dose Vaccine COVID-19 Janssen (Johnson & Johnson):
- Before administering the vaccine.
- Between third and fifth week after vaccination.
- In the sixths month after vaccination.
- Comirnaty two-dose vaccine (Pfizer / BioNTech):
- Before the first dose of the vaccine.
- Before the second dose of vaccine.
- In the sixths month after the second dose of vaccination.
The qualified medical staff of the Łukasiewicz – PORT Center for Population Diagnostics will take the samples in the laboratory. Only 15 ml of blood will be collected from the patients each time for the study.
What will the project participants gain?
- Free monitoring of acquired immunity to SARS-CoV-2 up to 6 months after vaccination.
- Information on the number of antibodies ensuring short- and long-term immunity.
- Participation in a research project aims to broaden the knowledge about vaccination against COVID-19, the immunity obtained after it, and develop optimal application models.
One can check the test results on the intended platform. The link to this website is available on the Łukasiewicz – PORT homepage as well.
How to apply for the program?
The registration is necessary.
You can submit your willingness to participate in the project: